The Trusts and Estates Planning and Administration team provides representation and advice to clients on all aspects of wealth transfer and succession planning. Our attorneys work closely with clients to help them maintain their financial security, meet their personal goals and preserve their legacy for generations to come.
We provide advice and representation in the following areas:
- Estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare proxies, living wills)
- Estate and trust administration (federal and state tax returns, accountings)
- Trusts and Estates litigation (Will contests, interpretation of wills/trusts, breach of fiduciary duty, administration disputes, guardianship proceedings)
- Business succession planning (start-up and management, planned transfers)
- Individual Income and Corporate Tax
- Corporate Documents (shareholder, partnership, buy/sell, operating agreements)
- Business purchase and sale, mergers and acquisitions
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Preparation of Revocable Trusts, Insurance Trusts, Charitable Trusts and Stockholder Agreements
- Estate Gift Tax Returns and Audits
- Representation of beneficiaries and fiduciaries
- Internal Revenue Service and Tax Court (including tax appeals)
Courts have frequently recognized our capabilities by appointing Flanagan attorneys as administrators, guardians ad litem, receivers, fiscal agents and other fiduciary positions.
On behalf of our clients we have initiated and defended estate litigation including those relating to omitted spouse and child statutes, fiduciary obligations, will contests, donative intent, trust interpretations, and accountings. We have successfully represented clients in many of the most significant and complex estate litigation matters throughout the State of New Jersey.